The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

PB AND PULL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
the DMV

Stuff : 25

PB AND PULL - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:27 am

the joggers def pt on there web site not as if they made it up but giving us credit and they just wanted to show it to their team. Jeff took it down after he kicked me out of the clan. but mauls block deffinitely works ... why dont you believe me kenshin? you dont even have to be looking at the opponent to block force you can stand behind me and if i do it right you wont be able to push...
Back to top Go down
the DMV

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:30 am

ill tell you what second block is later i have to go to work now and dont have time
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:12 pm

I never said Maul's block didn't work. I said it is weak, meaning he cannot block his sides as well as other characters. Be an Ani, infinite block & have someone push you as they slowly circle around you until you finally get pushed. Then go block with Maul. Maul will get pushed much sooner. I think the general population has known this since the beginning of time lol.

Perfect block with him is another story. There is a deeper explanation to the perfect blocks which ultimately I spread and nowadays it's what a lot of the better players use. You saw Jiraiya mention "block lines", well that is what he is talking about. Every character, except Maul, Vader and Dooku, need to face one of the imaginary lines to have a PB, while Maul, Vader and Dooku need to be facing two lines. It's hard to explain with words... I thought about drawing a diagram of it a while back, but never got around to it.

Who cares about that though. I wanna know about this second block shit. lol
Back to top Go down
Spider-Man
Server admin
Server admin
Spider-Man

Stuff : 257

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm

^nub
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Well I drew something anyways. It's a little rough, but it should help.
Buildings left to right; arena, octagon and jog roof

PB AND PULL - Page 2 Xblocks

The black lines the form the X over the map... those are the "block lines". As long as you are facing one of them with any character other than Maul, Vader and Dooku you will perfect block. The big red dot in the center is what was generalized about 2 years ago when PB exploded, aka the octagon block. The blue dot is there to represent Maul and he is facing line 1 and line 2 so he has a block.

However, if he moves too close to line 1 then it won't register and he wont have his PB. That goes for any character. If you're too close to the imaginary lines then it won't work so keep your distance. This is what I was talking about when I said "there is a deeper explanation". Super is the one who taught me this when I was in SDJ, however FEAR is the one who created the theory.

There are also several other various blocks throughout the map that do not correspond to the lines. But they are in such remote areas it really doesn't matter. There are also the corner blocks which actually work with everyone if I remember right. There's a lot more to it then just looking at the octagon. The only reason that octagon theory holds true is because regardless of your position in the map, if you face the octagon you will be doing a line block, a corner block or one of those random remote blocks.

PB AND PULL - Page 2 86150
Back to top Go down
Kratos_Aurion

Stuff : 104

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:34 pm

When I say imo, It's an acronym for "in my opinion"

And Sinister=right.

Maul has to basically look at the center/have two perfect block lines to be able to perfect block combos,aerials,saberthrows,ect... It's a system that some guys use to know all the perfect blocks better. Anakin only needs one line, therefore concluding that it's easier to perfect block with an Anakin then with a Maul. The lines pretty much make an X over the map from the four corners of the map square(Even though the in bounds map is more like a rectangle, the whole entire thing in whole is a perfect square. The lines come from the four corners of the map square and intersect a little bit in front of the octagon at the moisturiser. When i say the whole map, i mean including the whole thing not just the stuff in bounds.) Just look at Sinisters diagram for more info. lol

Last edited by Jiraiya on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demon_Blade
Demon_Blade

Stuff : 102

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Sinister wrote:
Well I drew something anyways. It's a little rough, but it should help.
Buildings left to right; arena, octagon and jog roof

PB AND PULL - Page 2 Xblocks

The black lines the form the X over the map... those are the "block lines". As long as you are facing one of them with any character other than Maul, Vader and Dooku you will perfect block. The big red dot in the center is what was generalized about 2 years ago when PB exploded, aka the octagon block. The blue dot is there to represent Maul and he is facing line 1 and line 2 so he has a block.

However, if he moves too close to line 1 then it won't register and he wont have his PB. That goes for any character. If you're too close to the imaginary lines then it won't work so keep your distance. This is what I was talking about when I said "there is a deeper explanation". Super is the one who taught me this when I was in SDJ, however FEAR is the one who created the theory.

There are also several other various blocks throughout the map that do not correspond to the lines. But they are in such remote areas it really doesn't matter. There are also the corner blocks which actually work with everyone if I remember right. There's a lot more to it then just looking at the octagon. The only reason that octagon theory holds true is because regardless of your position in the map, if you face the octagon you will be doing a line block, a corner block or one of those random remote blocks.

PB AND PULL - Page 2 86150

......u suck at paint =o
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:01 pm

lol

That's my 5 minute paint masterpiece. If I had GIMP it woulda been better but I think you can still understand it lol.
Back to top Go down
Devil_Wing
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 1000000697

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Did you really just show all the noobs how to perfect block anywhere on the map? Fuck my life...

Anyways I learned some of the basic blocking from master yoda and ino as well, but I found out a couple more lines with sinister. I think I know what your saying though ino and idea.

When you do the "whole block" as yoda called it, (when it appears you are blocking from behind) a regular jedi like anakin can block from 3 sides, infront, side, and behind. but if you get a maul you can't do that, which is what i thought for awhile. But i found out you can do the same with a maul, except instead of 3 sides it is 2. The part where the reticule is facing, and then the part where the actual light saber is facing.

I don't know if that makes sense but i can show if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm

You make absolutely no sense. Are you talking about their sidestep with their blocks up? I remember you tried to tell me that's how Maul and Vader blocked from the side and I showed your goober ass that you were wrong... just cause it looked like they were facing their side, still got pushed through it. Are whole block and second block the same thing?
Back to top Go down
Devil_Wing
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 1000000697

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:53 pm

whole block is when you strafe and block. And vader can block from side just like anakin and what not, but i think we talking about something different with the maul things idk your cute.
Back to top Go down
{GoR}Hyourinmaru
{GoR}Hyourinmaru

Stuff : 303

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 pm

I'm pretty sure you can't replace the push/pull files with choke...or that's what I've been led to believe
Back to top Go down
the DMV

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:40 am

it looks like i need to come back to the game when i tell you the block is perfect thats what i mean perfect...lol. what in the world is that diagram...lol i still love you. Guys believe me when i say it doesnt have anything to do with the octagon that was the begging the basic if you will of perfect block ... i thought we already went through this.. lol. second block is also perfect but you have to turn it on then you could put your character directly behind me and try to push me if im maul or any other character in the game and you wont be able to push ... thats right i said behind me so whats this talk about getting pushed from the side .i dont understand your block works any where and it has to do with the meat of the map . Now the octagon is a good reference for noobs but it not always true maybe thats why some may have trouble . put a post on here for a training day this weekend sunday would be best and we cpold go over second block and perfect block . try to make it like 7pm easten time for i dont feel like writting it all down in here its much easier to say with examples... and like always i am more than willing to show anyone noobs and supposit greats ... i seen your guys list for best players ever thanks alot guys for not putting us in there since we were all of your masters at one point i thought that was really honest of you guys NOT ...LOL .no props huh! We changed this game after getting a 3 year late start and trained almost every one on that list including the top guy you guys picked ... kenshin. but its ok cause i just like star wars and enjoy running around playing the game and getting no pussy lol i got the dork in me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Pull is annoying and most of the time u cant block it cuz the Pullers are allways on some high ground pulling the crap outt ppl. And most of the times the pullers pull out of no where where u cant see them. Same thing with chokers but u can see the chokers on your map if they're coming. You cant really see pullers since they pull from far away. And ya they steal kills a lot. And omg villans don't win cuz they have chokers. It depends who's using the chokers people!!! Most of the chokers suck ass in the abyss, and that's actually a disadvantage for the villans if they have crappy chokers. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Now c'mon Ino I think you're giving yourself a bit too much credit. There is a fine line between literally training a person and sharing secrets. I recieved the latter, which I am grateful for, however you never trained me. In fact, I never recieved any formal training from any one. Just cause you teach someone a few tricks it doesn't warrant it as training...

Once again when I referred to Maul's block being weak, I was not talking about his perfect block... even though it is weaker, in a certain sense, compared to other characters. Maul can easily get pushed from the side. That was all I was saying. The same thing goes for Vader and Dooku. I don't know how you keep taking this out of context lol.

You guys always act like you did so much for this game. DMV's claim to fame was the perfect block. That's it. You figured it out and it spread like wildfire. Players used to whore the hell out of it, like Gman and Neji used to sit and camp with their block up at the octagon back then lol.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:37 pm

That is not something to vaunt about in my opinion. I can remember when Gman was practically universally hated simply because he was a straight up PB noob. It's all he would ever do. I can remember Subway talking about how DMV trained all of Ninja and that's the only reason we were good. That pissed me off cause 1. It's not true and 2. He tried taking our credit.

I don't deny that you taught a lot of players indirectly, but that can be said for anyone. Devil told me what ya'll showed him way back when; the blocks. That's not training bro that's just a little secret sharing session. Anyway, I'm not trying to hate just voicing my opinion. Ya'll of course deserve credit, but I think you are trying to take more than what you deserve.

The top players lists are top players lists, not the who trained who or who showed who what lists lol. I give credit where it's due & there are only 3 people I ever mention. If you want to be mentioned as a big contributor to the game, I suggest you make a top contributors post.
Back to top Go down
the DMV

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:26 pm

i love rabbit
Back to top Go down
the DMV

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:30 pm

dmv only ever lost one battle and that was against jog and is was our very first battle but we could have a match if you would like it would be me idea? , ino , master yoda and we'll even take subway...lol so lets have a four on four and see whats up and see if we give ourselfs too much credit. i love rabbit? shes so cute i think? lol
Back to top Go down
~*Rome*~
Server admin
Server admin
~*Rome*~

Stuff : 308

PostSubject: Reply to dmv...   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:15 pm

I must spectate that battle if it ever happens...
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:53 pm

If you want to battle, sure lol. When you wanna do it? Also I think Rabbit's a little young for you. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

Stuff : 2000000642

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm

in my opinion allow pull but,

1 reduce range to the same as push
2 make 1 pull equal to the entire force bar

other than that pull is not worth coming back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:10 pm

How did i get into this conversation Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:19 pm

(ITS ME SHENRON) wat wud u rate me on a jedi list, sinister? 15, 18? i feel like im around 16 =D
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:59 am

You're an average player. Happy? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:18 am

thats a C RANK PLAYER, i knew i considered right=D, i want to get better tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PB AND PULL   PB AND PULL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PB AND PULL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Enter the Abyss :: Argument Forum -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com