The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

Pull Petition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should pull be allowed back?
Yes
Pull Petition Vote_lcap 38% Pull Petition Vote_rcap
 38%  [ 9 ]
No
Pull Petition Vote_lcap 62% Pull Petition Vote_rcap
 62%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 24

Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Once upon a time pull was allowed.
Over time the pull was shunned...
and eventually outlawed by humanity.
The End

lol

This petition is to allow pull in the abyss. I know what you're thinking... hell no, but before you make your decision without much thought... take this into consideration. Think of the force abilities like a scale. On one end of the scale is the pull, on the other end is the choke and in the middle is the push. If either pull or push is taken from the scale... the scale tips and the balance is broken. Presently, the scale is tipping toward the choke if you know what I mean...

Anyway, my point is this. Regardless of what you think of pull, it is a part of the game just as much as any other element. Pull has considerable range, however it only affects one person. Choke deals damage and cannot be blocked. They counter balance each other people! and force push is the medium.

I think bringing back pull will do a lot for this game. It will offer more of a challenge and give players the opportunity to play in a different atmosphere which will refresh the game so to speak. I also think it will help to decrease the amount of blockwhoring that is all too present nowadays. Ontop of that I believe it will give further incentive to use more of the map when you consider its range...

All I'm asking is that we try it for a few weeks and see how it goes. If everybody hates it then maybe try increasing the amount of force it takes per pull (what I used in the previous vVv server which worked well) and if that fails well then I will gladly submit defeat lol.

If you support this please post saying so!!

Pull Petition 241601
Back to top Go down
Berserk

Stuff : 126

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:51 pm

i say we give it a go but i know tht people are gonna start whoring it and double pullin but we can atleast try it
Back to top Go down
YounesTheDrunk
Second in command
YounesTheDrunk

Stuff : 185

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:53 pm

LET US PULL LET US PULL
Back to top Go down

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Free corn dogs to anybody who says yes.

Anyways, as Sinny said, pull will balance out the game once again. If you look in the abyss, the majority of the wins goes to villains. Why? They have 80 choke whores, and several Maul pushers to assist them and fight off multiple opponents. Choke can't be blocked, and it deals damage over time. Pull has great range, but it can be blocked with ease, and only effects one person. It would make playing as a villain more challenging because as it is, its eays even for the noobs. With more challenge, the fun of the game will begin to return. I personally have played against some pretty skilled pullers in a few select 1 on 1's, and it made it a hell of a lot funner because I actually had to work to get my kill. Jeff has a pretty nasty Aayla if he isn't trying to be nice and refrain from pissing you off.

Most of you are concerned about how there will be likely all pullers on heroes. In most cases, that may be true, but if the classes were somehow limited, or modded, im sure something could be worked out. But playing against pullers is another thing to get better on. Any of yall good players must get bored of beating up on nubs ya? Play against nub pullers and it will be a lot more difficult because they will likely be everywhere, not to mention all the pushers in the map.

Just consider how it would make the game funner, and more challenging for every player. Before you go off and say something retarded about this concept, actually think about it, and what it could do.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 pm

^ Pull Petition 479247
Back to top Go down
Kratos_Aurion

Stuff : 104

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Pull should be allowed because ever since it was banned from all public servers, locked servers, 1v1's, and matches the balance has been lost. Like Sinister said, Pull-Push-Choke is a scale and ever since pullers have been banned, villains have dominated that scale...

Imagine if the clans like SDJ wanted chokers banned instead of pullers, we'd be in a game where you are banned for using a choker... (Which for all you guys who didn't know, it was SuperDuper who basically brought the idea that pullers are unfair and should not be allowed.)

Anyways my point is, ever since every one of ya'll started playing, pullers were banned so you don't know how it's like to play with pullers. (In fact, I've never been a big fan of pullers but I see the anakin pussy block whores out there and that's even worse then pullers in my opinion... However I do believe that bringing pullers back would take away from those guys...)

I know what you guys are thinking, "Player 1 pulled me and I didn't have fun that day in that server that wasn't being administrated then..." Well instead of look at it that way, look at as an challenge to your Jedi skills...

**WARNING CHANCE OF GAYNESS BELOW**

It's time we band together as a community and we make a change to this game to uplift the ban of pullers. To reattain the balance of this game, we must be willing to make this change and be open to this new "foreign" game play that most likely none of you have yet experienced however it will take everyone's support for this to truly work...

Thank you!

Last edited by Jiraiya on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Berserk

Stuff : 126

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Pull Petition 512391
Back to top Go down
*Bio~SToRM*

Stuff : 78

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 pm

I'm in favor of allowing pull back into regular game-play, however, if this were to happen I'd like the server locked in order to ensure only skilled, core members of the community get to use it. Even if pull isn't decided upon, I think the server should still be locked. Anyone too lazy to check this site for the password shouldn't have the privilege of playing in the server and making the game less enjoyable for all of us. . . Just my two-pennies worth.
Back to top Go down
Passion
Passion

Stuff : 46

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 pm

Pull Petition 673961
Back to top Go down
{GoR}Hyourinmaru
{GoR}Hyourinmaru

Stuff : 303

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Putting pull back into the game would be fun. Double pulling isn't much different from double or triple pushing anyways, so it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal. And why should the server be locked? It's always open to anybody who wishes to play, if Meph wants to keep it open it's his decision...but he should still put pull back in.

Hooray for Sinister for putting up the petition. Wink
Back to top Go down
Assassin

Stuff : 32

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 pm

No thanks
Back to top Go down
Fearless
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 80

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 am

I'm game, I can pull those niggaz right off the octagon lol jk. But in all seriousness I think it will be good for the game to play it as it was meant to be played. At first people will complain but I think after a while players will adapt.
Back to top Go down
Overlord the Necromancer
Overlord the Necromancer

Stuff : 142

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 am

try it out. see what happens.

Fetch me the Spirit the Son and the Father. Tell them their pillar of faith has accended.
Pull Petition Overlordsig
Pull Petition Theoverlordß
Back to top Go down
Blaine
Server admin
Server admin
Blaine

Stuff : 202

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 am

i don't even play anymore, so do i get to vote?

if i do, i say it's worth it to try out for a while. less camping always means more fun Smile
Back to top Go down
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan

Stuff : 474

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:20 pm

LMAO i don't give a damn. Pull all you want. I'll just pull you back next time i get heroes. LOL!
Back to top Go down
xXDenialXx
xXDenialXx

Stuff : 674

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:33 pm

i warn yall guys, ima pull ur asses down to m Mundi and rape yall affraid What a Face
Back to top Go down

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:15 pm

I say yes to SINGLE pull, no doubl pull! Double pull is so annoyng
Back to top Go down
~*Rome*~
Server admin
Server admin
~*Rome*~

Stuff : 308

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Reply to rabbit...   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 pm

I agree with Rabbit.
Back to top Go down
{GoR}Hyourinmaru
{GoR}Hyourinmaru

Stuff : 303

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:53 am

True....but a lot of the double pulling noobs can't do it right, so just smash their faces in when they do it. It's a lot of fun. Wink
Back to top Go down
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:02 pm

I haven't double pulled in AGES. But when i do with CONEHEAD, you are DOOMED. My beastly Mundi will backslash you on impact. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

Stuff : 1000001260

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:18 pm

so your confessing your double pulling?

remind me to ban you next time your in the server then
Back to top Go down
https://abyssserver.forumotion.com
DaNoob13
DaNoob13

Stuff : 199

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm

I agree to it just so long as there is some sort of mod to it. I was here when it was allowed and it pissed me off. Im not really in the mood to have people who pull 24/7 try to all get the same kill.

Ahh dont some of you remember those times when five pullers pull ya back and forth for five minutes trying to all get the kill until finally, mercifully a hero pusher comes and just takes it ending the misserable minutes. Good annoying times eh.

Seriously lets try to not have the same shit as i just said above happen again. Im for it just make it weighted a bit.
Back to top Go down
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Erm... considering i said i hadn't in a LONG time it is very unlikely it would be even possible in the abyss. PHREAK.
Back to top Go down
Devil_Wing
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 1000000697

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:05 pm

have the same mods that you had in the vvv server, The reduced power/range, and takes 80% of force
Back to top Go down
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:38 pm

I tested it... that pull mod is in effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pull Petition Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pull Petition   Pull Petition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pull Petition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4 Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Enter the Abyss :: Argument Forum -
Create a forum on Forumotion | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com