The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

Basic Rules & Enlightenment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

Basic Rules & Enlightenment Vide
PostSubject: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Seems some of ya'll don't understand the rules or grasp certain things so I am going to try to make it crystal clear for everyone. First off, I'm just gonna go over the basic server rules... and while most of this should be common sense, some of it you may not know...

Painfully Blatant Rules

No glitching
No team-killing
No kill-stealing
No respawning
No spawn killing
No spawn camping

Some exceptions may be made. For example, Jman may allow you to TK a team-mate if they stole your kill. However, I probably won't. Another example is some admins will let you get by with respawning to avoid being spawn killed while others won't be so tolerable.

Not so obvious Rules

May be booted for excessive shooting
May be booted for excessive high-camping
May be booted for excessive perfect blocking
May be booted for taunting (especially taunting admins)
May be booted for killing enemies in their spawn (even if they are camping there or retreat there)
May be booted for camping in your spawn (indirectly forcing your opposition to 'spawn-kill')
May be booted for extended inactivity/not fighting (this includes humping in the cantina all day...)
May be booted for team-mate/enemy harassment (pushing someone around, choking them, etc)

Enlightenment

For the most part those are the rules. Now, this is where things become tricky. Jman is pretty lenient on the bans, meaning he has no policy for how long someone will stay banned for a single offense. For example... if you respawn you will most likely either be warned, kicked or banned anywhere from 10 minutes to permanently. It all depends on the admins. Simply put, 'admin discretion'.

Something you should know is your risk of being banned depends on what you do and who you do it to. For example... let's say Player 1 team-kills Beetlejuice. Both of these players (presumably) are noobs. So Player 1's chance of being banned is slim. However, if Player 1 team-kills Devil Wing... he will probably be permanently banned faster than he is able to inhale. This is a partial example of admin discretion.

Now, let's say Overlord is in the server and the same thing occurs with the same two players; Player 1 TKs Beetlejuice. Just as an example... let's put Overlord in a very shitty mood and let's say he has had to put up with ignorant players all night and has lost all tolerance. In this instance he will probably ban Player 1 as soon as he TKs just because he's run dry on patience. This is another example of admin discretion...

As a final example I will use Rome. The same thing occurs while Rome is in the server. He is in a good mood and is usually quite tolerable, even of noobs. So, he sends a warning over the admin telling Player 1 not to team-kill. Player 1 being a noob does not notice the warning and continues to team-kill. Instead of banning Player 1, Rome switches his team... Now he and Beetlejuice can kill each other to their hearts' content.

You might argue Rome dealt with the situation the best, however that is the beauty of admin discretion.

Different rules will be enforced in different ways depending on the admins themselves and their moods. Some are quicker to ban than others... some are more lenient... sometimes it goes both ways. Enforcement of the rules is variable... it is always changing. This is something you are going to have to accept if you want to play in the server.

You don't have to like or respect any of the admins... However, you must respect and adhere to the rules otherwise you face consequences...

Finally...

Ways to not get squashed by the banhammer

Use a name admins will recognize
Do not use an alias (this arouses suspicion) / or use an alias admins will recognize
Do not taunt admins
Stay out of enemy spawns regardless of the situation (this includes the surrounding buildings)
Don't play like a girl (i.e. camp the octagon all day, stay in your spawn all day, harassing fellow players, etc)

Really just play as if Mephiles is watching you like a hawk waiting for you to make a mistake so he can ban you forever. Enter the server with this in mind and you will be fine...

The Closer

If an admin taunts you, then you retaliate and taunt back and they boot you for doing so... well tough luck. Like I said before, that is the beauty of admin discretion. Sure you can complain about it and say it's not fair, but I can assure you it could be much worse. Try going back in time about 2 years with the name {Ninja}Kenshin and playing in any server for more than 30 seconds... lol.

If something like that occurs, have the integrity NOT to taunt back... put yourself on a higher level. Then if they boot you, you will have a legit complaint and the admin responsible will be punished accordingly. Real talk though, I have experienced MUCH worse admin abuse... Also, if you outright disrespect an admin, don't be surprised when you are banned... and don't go crying to another admin to unban you. All this does is create unneeded confusion and drama which will most likely find its way back to you.

Hope this helps... make sure to tune in next time for COMMON SENSE 101 Basic Rules & Enlightenment 234832
Back to top Go down
~*Rome*~
Server admin
Server admin
~*Rome*~

Stuff : 308

PostSubject: Reply to sinsiter...   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:02 pm

That work's, I usually just give em' a kick though. I try not to let my mood decide how I deal with the situation.
Back to top Go down
Spider-Man
Server admin
Server admin
Spider-Man

Stuff : 257

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Umm...what about going into the cantina as a hero? I feel like there are little rules like that, that fall by the wayside, because I didn't even know that rule, but according to mephiles it is a rule.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
Umm...what about going into the cantina as a hero? I feel like there are little rules like that, that fall by the wayside, because I didn't even know that rule, but according to mephiles it is a rule.

This falls under

May be booted for killing enemies in their spawn (even if they are camping there or retreat there)

There are no rules on the admin. They were taken off because no one paid much attention to them.
Back to top Go down
{JOG} VIKING

Stuff : 111

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 pm

May be booted for extended inactivity/not fighting (this includes humping in the cantina all day...)
Cough*Ryuu and his girl*Cough
Back to top Go down
Spider-Man
Server admin
Server admin
Spider-Man

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 pm

*cough* your a flamer *cough*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Taunting part isnt hard for me.. i never taunt.. NEVER
Back to top Go down
{JOG} VIKING

Stuff : 111

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Eruption wrote:
Taunting part isnt hard for me.. i never taunt.. NEVER
i taunt only if they taunt me first. or they kill theirselves.
Back to top Go down
Spider-Man
Server admin
Server admin
Spider-Man

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:05 pm

I agree with that coincidentally.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

Stuff : 2000000642

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:09 pm

about half of these rules i bet are not even known to the common noob
Back to top Go down
Devil_Wing
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 1000000697

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:51 am

EVERYONE FUCKING READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also let it be known. Those of you who are getting chased, or in a fight, If you ever run into the cantina as a villain, It is NOT RULE BREAKING IF THEY FOLLOW YOU.
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

Stuff : 1000001260

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:54 am

uhh...yes it is...
Back to top Go down
https://abyssserver.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:55 am

since when? i see every fuking person do it but i rarely do it cuz i dont wanna get banned again..
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:08 pm

yes. this means that you can use the cantina as a strategic position on the front.
Back to top Go down
Devil_Wing
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 1000000697

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:54 pm

{SIN}Mephiles The Dark wrote:
uhh...yes it is...

I don't think it's fair when you get someone to no health at all and they run into cantina to heal. I think you should be able to go in and kill them real quick, and as long as you kill no one else it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

Stuff : 1000001260

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:25 pm

i would allow it but every single time it happens they end up killing someone else who spawns in, so to avoid having them break a rule anyways i just dont even let them in
Back to top Go down
https://abyssserver.forumotion.com
Spider-Man
Server admin
Server admin
Spider-Man

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:51 pm

fine...then villains aren't aloud in the arena
Back to top Go down
Blaine
Server admin
Server admin
Blaine

Stuff : 202

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
lmao
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:00 pm

good luck enforcing that
Back to top Go down
Dr.Oz>=]
Dr.Oz>=]

Stuff : 48

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Wow that's allot, cracked up over the player 1 and beetle-juice part Razz
Back to top Go down
http://hfo-site.forumotions.net/portal.htm
DevastatoR
Server admin
Server admin
DevastatoR

Stuff : 234

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Spider-Man wrote:

Lol like that'll happen
Back to top Go down
xXDenialXx
xXDenialXx

Stuff : 674

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Hey Deva, i got a suggestion for you, stop posting in 5MONTH OLD TOPICS! thank you
Back to top Go down
DevastatoR
Server admin
Server admin
DevastatoR

Stuff : 234

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 am

Well, you posted AFTER me so it's your turn to be yelled at.
Back to top Go down
Lando Freeman
Lando Freeman

Stuff : 36

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:18 pm

wow rules are rules and I get why cause the world has rules but it was kindof cool when you said mephiles watches u like a hawk and im sure he does. but wating for u to make a mistake so he can ban u forever yea..... cool Very Happy i would allways follow the rules.. like it said it could be worse.
Back to top Go down
۞SmallC۞
Server admin
Server admin
۞SmallC۞

Stuff : 49

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:27 pm

You just bumped a 3 year old post, I mean, nothing wrong with that but... Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic Rules & Enlightenment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Death Gate :: News & Announcements -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com