The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

Basic Rules & Enlightenment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Volt
Server admin
Server admin
Volt

Stuff : 88

Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:56 pm

These rules are so gayyyyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
Messageofhope

Stuff : 7

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:17 am

I think i should post now(wary). I feel like the admins only take action when it directly involves them and often come up with some stupid reason not to use any force and warnings. Half of them dont even know the rules of the server. I think if You run back to their spawn and someone spawns in it it courtesy to kill the enemy then leave the spawn and noble players like manray any many others will either give you a second to leave the spawn or depending on how heated the battle is save, their teammate. I hate when people complain of spawn kill when their team runs to the spawn my guidelines are that if someone saber throws or attempts an attack they are ready to fight; hence why they spawned in knowing well what was going on.As for the cantina there should be no exception, often people spawn in knowing that they are in their spawn but attempt to get a kill anyways: AND if they fail they respawn which should work both ways if thats the case, but it doesnt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Messageofhope wrote:
I think i should post now(wary). I feel like the admins only take action when it directly involves them and often come up with some stupid reason not to use any force and warnings. Half of them dont even know the rules of the server. I think if You run back to their spawn and someone spawns in it it courtesy to kill the enemy then leave the spawn and noble players like manray any many others will either give you a second to leave the spawn or depending on how heated the battle is save, their teammate. I hate when people complain of spawn kill when their team runs to the spawn my guidelines are that if someone saber throws or attempts an attack they are ready to fight; hence why they spawned in knowing well what was going on.As for the cantina there should be no exception, often people spawn in knowing that they are in their spawn but attempt to get a kill anyways: AND if they fail they respawn which should work both ways if thats the case, but it doesnt.
You should try to use commas more... and in the correct way.
Back to top Go down
Messageofhope

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:04 pm

you, sh,ould smd.,,thanks.,
Back to top Go down
Mimmi-da-don!
Server admin
Server admin
Mimmi-da-don!

Stuff : 32

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:36 pm

I disagree with you Messageofhope. The admins that are currently watching over the server are veterans who know the rules, or newer players who the admins have agreed are knowledgable and composed enough to be in that position of power.

We know the rules as admins. The question of if people get booted when need be..is up for debate.

I personally see admins including myself, follow these rules.

And as the opposition. You dont have to really chase them in the spawn. Because despite your reasoning. if you kill someone who just spawned in..You can be booted. If they kill you..well..sucks to be you. But when players constantly run to the spawn..there are also rules for excessive spawnsitting and stuff like that. Our admins know what we are doing is basically what im saying.

your opinion is clearly valued because we are always trying to improve though.

Back to top Go down
Messageofhope

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 8:32 am

But if im not mistaken there IS a rule against spawn camping: which doesnt imply that it has to be the enemy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:03 am

There are rules against excessive spawncamping; however, there are also different ways people and admins can interpret a given situation. So sometimes it might not be clear as day whether a person was in a spawn camping or not.
Back to top Go down
۞SmallC۞
Server admin
Server admin
۞SmallC۞

Stuff : 49

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Some admins may think spawncamping is getting killed straight off spawn not being able to move, others may think jumping on to the building right out of villains Jog roof spawn and getting killed is a spawnkill. It differs for each admin.
Back to top Go down
Mimmi-da-don!
Server admin
Server admin
Mimmi-da-don!

Stuff : 32

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:16 am

Spawn camping and sitting can be done by anyone blue or red. ally or opposition.

All im saying is the admins all have a basis to which we follow.

An admin might be more lenient towards something that dont bother him that much

Like me, for instance, i cant stand when people excessively blockwhore or highcamp. i warn and boot.

while other admins will just be like whatever ima go up there and get him. or switch to choker.
Admins arent doing wrong by following there preference. as long as the major rules and things that make the server a more of a chore than a fun time are minimized.

Like Small C said
۞SmallC۞ wrote:
Some admins may think spawncamping is getting killed straight off spawn not being able to move, others may think jumping on to the building right out of villains Jog roof spawn and getting killed is a spawnkill. It differs for each admin.
I personally feel like dying as soon as u spawn in is inexcusable unless its accidental.
I also think that someone sitting on the bubble of the main hero spawn..and pushing the person before they jump up is bullshit as well.

But if they attack you its fair game..
We know which situations are breaking rules. We just have to decide which is defense and which is a free kill
Back to top Go down
Fearless
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 80

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Messageofhope wrote:
Here is the deal, Spawn Camping is being in the spawn as someone spawns and killing the defenseless player. Spawn Sitting is the major cause of Spawn Camping because it draws enemies into the spawn then all hell breaks loose. Here is my policy, if the player takes some kind of offensive action against me while I'm in their spawn, most likely chasing one of their teammates, then they are fair game. If they don't I will leave them be, but I may also push them so they aren't a threat to me either, of course I will not proceed to kill them just neutralize them with the push that way I can either get out of the spawn or kill the player I had chased there in the first place without killing the newly spawned player and without the risk of them killing me.

As far as respawning goes I'm totally against it even if you are Spawn Camped because all you are doing is breaking one rule because someone else broke a rule, then both are in the wrong if you get down to it and the admin can ban you on the grounds you respawned.

I agree players are aware of where they spawn and what situation they are spawning in to so that can be taken into account as well.

As an admin, if I'm logged in I will always ban without warning just telling you how it is, but I'm pretty fair about unbanning people if they plead their case and it is somewhat legitimate.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

Stuff : 2000000642

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:44 am

2013 and were still trying to figure this shit out...
Back to top Go down
DevastatoR
Server admin
Server admin
DevastatoR

Stuff : 234

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:38 am

Alex Ace wrote:
2013 and were still trying to figure this shit out...
Make that 2014 (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules & Enlightenment   Basic Rules & Enlightenment - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic Rules & Enlightenment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Death Gate :: News & Announcements -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com