The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

Brain storming.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
{GOR.666}Dagen
{GOR.666}Dagen

Stuff : 73

Brain storming. - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Yes...perhaps. But if this is to truly be a neutral site a council I guess is needed. More or less I just wanted to present a good council format. In that by itself is my idea a good one? (A primary and back up) Other than that...Idea...Lock the server for the weekends. Seems to be the biggest trouble times and you could even do a day of shooting allowed and one strictly Jedi/Sith. Also I said before, is it possible to eliminate the droids in the cantina. If so it would give one less reason to have villains hide out in there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dagengage
{GOR.666}Dagen
{GOR.666}Dagen

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Oh yeah I almost forgot...I liked alex's post for admin rights but would be better if Sinister or Meph nominated people and got a vote from the general public. Example...Rabbit...In my opinion a good admin and would get my vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:04 pm

ok, what i got so far...

1. Rules should should be updated. there should not be any "may be booted." its either you will or will not.

2.The server locked for us everyonce in a while and there should be only 1 password for this.

3.Maybe some Luke Wars, Maul Wars, ect. They are pretty fun and should be continued like they used too.

4.Get some admins that active enof at least one time a day to monitor the server.

5.Update the damn announcements lol.
Back to top Go down
Berserk

Stuff : 126

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:33 pm

i like tha one tht jeff said bout where a clan's vip server password can be exchanged between other clans so we can play in other clan servers when we are bored
Back to top Go down
Neji

Stuff : 61

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:10 pm

The Idea of a Council is good. It will keep the community flowing strong and having members from all active clans to keep a good gaming enviroment for all players. 2 Active admins from each clan would be good. Fair admins that know what they're doing and don't just abuse their powers whens something personal comes up.

Updating the rules should happen. I can't remember the last time I saw the rules updated. All players should follow the same rules regardless of who they are or what their authority is in the server.

The quote "may be booted" should be changed to "will be booted/banned". It doesn't make sense for somebody to repeat the same offense 20 times and not suffer for it when on the other hand somebody does it once and recieves a weeks ban.

The server should be locked every Friday or something for all players of a decent skill to play in the server and just have a good competitive game night away from all the noobs. The idea of wargames and such would be a great idea because it would give tons of people the right to participate in it and they provide a fun night.

As for mods the only ones that I hear complaints about are extended maps. It makes the server a good amount laggier with this mod. No pulling, and indestructable droids should stay. The fact a droid heals you in like 3 seconds is a bit farfetched if you ask me. People just go around whoring every droid when they get hit once. I'm not sure if anybody is against that or not, but if there is, that is a good mod that should be removed.

When everything that the Council decides upon, the Abyss should turn a new leaf and be the most amazing Jedi community the Battlefront has seen.
Back to top Go down
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan

Stuff : 474

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Hahaha funny...

Worry about what we will do about activities later. Focus on this whole council thing and anything that will FIX the play quality first. If it helps fix the hellhole server the abyss has been for some time I say absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:29 am

Keep posts relevant to the topic please...
Back to top Go down
{GOR.666}Dagen
{GOR.666}Dagen

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:51 am

Idea...If a council is formed then those on the council would be likely first candidates for admin to the abyss. If one is responsible enough to be on the council then they should also be trusted with admin. Or at least a vote on it. Second, Perhaps Meph and/or Sinister would like to nominate the people they wish to see on a council. Third, the electric push mod. I would like to see the return of that one. "IF" a council is formed
Back to top Go down
Neji

Stuff : 61

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:12 am

I'll restate my opinion. Get rid of all the abusive admins that there already is. The server will be in peace and running smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:17 am

As I said, before I deleted even my own posts, everyone is an abusive admin. If you say otherwise, you are lying. Am I saying there are absolutely no good admins? No. But everyone abuses the admin at some point in time... this can range from booting ignorant noobs, to banning those who screw you up, kicking people to let someone in the server... whatever. Use your imagination.

No the server will not be in peace. Ask Kratos how many people I booted from the Abyss yesterday when we were playing. Plenty. If I wasn't there, people would have been freely breaking rules... respawning, TKing, spawn killing, etc.

Even the best of admins boot unfairly, with bias or with favoritism.
Back to top Go down
JOGJeff

Stuff : 45

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Are there admins with out bias, probably not, however I wouldn't say never. BUt with that said if one could just put in place a straight set of rules, even if one boots from it because someone was breaking it, than the bias part really does have very little place to be complained about.

I would inject here that the ideas have been given. . . and it seems players are starting to get restless to see the outcome, hence why the topic has stopped producing ideas. They are out on the table, with the topic a couple pages deep now.

I think the main ones are out there, now its time for Jman to decide what he wants to do with the abyss.

Best of luck to you all.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:56 pm

I guess Jman didn't make himself clear...

All this goes through both he and I. As he said I am a sort of adviser, but we still discuss and make decisions together, as one. He and I both have noticed that you guys keep going back to Jman this, Jman that... You keep looking to him as the go-to guy. Now personally, I don't have much of a problem with this, but I do know it is beginning to piss Jman off. From what I've come to understand, we are essentially one... (no homo)

Just wanted to clear it up...
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

Stuff : 1000001260

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Not too much, just a bit though.

I'll be making decisions tonight and the post for the decisions tomorrow
Back to top Go down
https://abyssserver.forumotion.com
JOGJeff

Stuff : 45

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:37 pm

{SIN}Mephiles The Dark wrote:
Not too much, just a bit though.

I'll be making decisions tonight and the post for the decisions tomorrow

as I said. . . best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Devil_Wing
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 1000000697

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:44 pm

You asked us how to make the abyss better, and we are answering your question. Get rid of Sinister. Despite if you like our answer or not it is still our opinion. Us saying to get rid of you is not a shot towards you. The abyss would be so much better without a lot of people, but I guess to have a better community it will need to come from elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

Stuff : 1000001260

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Flames, flames....Flames all around!

These aren't the kind of flames I like though, I like the flames that burn objects, not these bullshit flames...

Topic locked until tomorrow to prevent these retarded fucking flames. Editing/deleting all posts that look like flames/have flames in them.
Back to top Go down
https://abyssserver.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brain storming.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Death Gate :: News & Announcements -
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com