The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Sony
Sony

Stuff : 47

Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Vide
PostSubject: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 pm

This was originally created on the JOG site by me, but this will be placed here aswell to boost up forum activity.

Some very interesting things below:

- It takes approximately 1 minute and 31 seconds walking around the entire Mos Eisley map.

- It takes approximately 42 seconds sprinting (and dashing) around the entire Mos Eisley map.

- Sticky feet is not a result of lag. (added by Jman)

- Space maps seem small when flying, but they are extremely huge, walking across from one end of a starship to the other will take a very long time. Let alone thinking about somehow walking from one starship to the other.

- There are 2 suns on Mos Eisley in game, like the movie.

- All maps have a perfect block location.

- Some of the pregame screen pictures for Mos Eisley are false. They have the Rocket right next to random buildings that aren't even relatively close to the Rocket in the actual map. (added by Viking)

- SuperDuper always believed there was a way to prevent tumbling, if he figured it out he wouldn't tell a single person. (added by Sinister)

- If you listen to the background noise of the Mos Eisley map, if you listen close enough, you can hear people talking/shouting from time to time.

- There is a science behind strikes, combos, sprint attacks, and aerials as to why they sometimes tumble you and sometimes not. (added by Sin)

Detailed info below:
Code:
Moving and getting hit does not always guarantee a tumble though. It depends on two things; your directional movement and where you are being attacked from. If you walk forward, a strike (of any sort) to the back or the side will tumble you but being struck from the front will not. The same can be said if you are sprinting forward. If you are backpeddling, a strike to the front or side will tumble you but being struck from behind will not. This principle also applies even if you are tumbled. For example, maybe you got Grievous or Vader down before as Obi and noticed that you re-tumbled them with your combo or maybe you were that Grievous or Vader lol. The reason behind this is because the player tumbled was either holding down on their left stick as they were comboed from the front or they were pushing up on the left stick as they were comboed from behind. Just something to keep in mind

- You can infinite choke as Sidious and Dooku without using lightning-choke. (added by Sinister)

- You regain force faster if you simply do not touch your left analog stick. (added by Sinster)

- Sprinting with Vader when you've been tumbled usually glitches the enemy's screen and can sometimes help you get out of their combo. (added by Sinister)

- If you saber throw, then jump or fall off a ramp. You can saber throw again in quick succession, catching a lot of players off guard. (added by Splinter)

-EACH JEDI HERO'S RUNNING STAMINA LASTS FOR 8 SECONDS (added by Ryuu)

-A STANDARD JUMP LASTS 2 SECONDS IN THE AIR (added by Ryuu)

-A JUMP USING ALL ITS STAMINA LASTS 4 SECONDS (added by Ryuu)

-VADER CAN LEVITATE IN THE AIR FOR 4 SECONDS (added by Ryuu)

-BLOCKING LASTS FOR 10-11 SECONDS (added by Ryuu)

- Those little power ups that enemies drop when you kill them only last roughly about 10 seconds (added by Poison)

- there are 40-50 Bubbles in Mos Eisley (added by Poison)

- There are only 7 Dumpsters (added by Poison)

- Estimate about 20 Purple Nets/Canopy. Give or Take (added by Poison)

- 8-10 pillars ( those penis shaped things ) (added by Poison)

- 10 Health Droids (added by Poison)

- 30-40 Evaporators (added by Poison)

- There are 8 staircases (added by Poison)

- It takes 2.3 seconds to complete an entire saber throw (added by Poison)

*More to come* And feel free to add on.

People who contributed to the list:

Me
Viking
Poison
Jman
Sinister
Splinter
Ryuuzaki

Last edited by {JOG}Sony on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
Devil_Wing
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 1000000697

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:26 am

I'm the one who found out about throwing multiple sabers. I edited your post to be more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

Stuff : 1000001260

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:57 am

"Added by" means you're the one who told him to put it in there, which you did not.

It does not mean who invented it.
Back to top Go down
https://abyssserver.forumotion.com
Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Devil_Wing wrote:
I'm the one who found out about throwing multiple sabers. I edited your post to be more accurate.

Yeah you found that you could jump and do it, but I think I already knew that you could just do it normally.
Back to top Go down
Sony
Sony

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Yea pretty much what Jman said.
Back to top Go down
Devil_Wing
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 1000000697

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:38 pm

I'd just like to see people get credit for their findings on this game.
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:03 pm

This doesn't have anything to do with credit for findings....
Back to top Go down
Fir3hazard

Stuff : 5

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:40 am

I loved this, very interesting.
Though most probably already know, part of the "Science" of whether or not a hit will tumble you is the direction you are moving.If you hit someone once as they are walking away from you, it will tumble them.
Also, though this has only happened to me once, in single player you can sometimes hear a stormtrooper whistle the imperial march anthem.
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:46 am

I've...never even heard that rumor, let alone heard it happen, lol.

I'll have to look into the files for that one...
Back to top Go down
Victim_of_Changes
Victim_of_Changes

Stuff : 27

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:28 am

I knew most of these Razz
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Fir3hazard wrote:
Though most probably already know, part of the "Science" of whether or not a hit will tumble you is the direction you are moving.If you hit someone once as they are walking away from you, it will tumble them..

I posted a more detailed description of this on the JOG site. No idea why Sony hasn't added it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sony
Sony

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Sinister wrote:
Fir3hazard wrote:
Though most probably already know, part of the "Science" of whether or not a hit will tumble you is the direction you are moving.If you hit someone once as they are walking away from you, it will tumble them..

I posted a more detailed description of this on the JOG site. No idea why Sony hasn't added it yet.

I didn't know you wanted me to add it into the list, that detailed description was pretty much a reply/convo with splinter on the JOG site, lol. But I will edit it in the post.
Back to top Go down
Fir3hazard

Stuff : 5

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Lol yeah, there are a couple others.
There is a way to break a block with Aayla's sprint attack
Mace Windu is very briefly immune to choke and push immediately after completing his ground pound.
In space multiplayer, a rebel pilot can occasionally be heard to say,"He's on my tail!...Oh, never mind."
Again, I've only heard that one once.
Back to top Go down
Sony
Sony

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Fir3hazard wrote:
Lol yeah, there are a couple others.
Mace Windu is very briefly immune to choke and push immediately after completing his ground pound.
In space multiplayer, a rebel pilot can occasionally be heard to say,"He's on my tail!...Oh, never mind."
Again, I've only heard that one once.

I will add some of these, although not the Space one since that is heard on the pilot's radio many times, its not rare to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Sony
Sony

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:56 am

updated
Back to top Go down
-Syler-

Stuff : 3

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Your force push is as big as your screen in both width and height, and as long as a spec of any ones body is on your screen you can push them. (By Syler and Wicked Bullet)
Back to top Go down
http://ruthlessgaming.enjin.com
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 am

-Syler- wrote:
Your force push is as big as your screen in both width and height, and as long as a spec of any ones body is on your screen you can push them. (By Syler and Wicked Bullet)

It actually extends beyond your screen Razz
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 am

Sinister wrote:
-Syler- wrote:

It actually extends beyond your screen Razz

Depends on how close or far you are from the person, but at maximum range it can go beyond your screen, yes.
Back to top Go down
-Syler-

Stuff : 3

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Well, I never knew that until last night, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://ruthlessgaming.enjin.com
Blaine
Server admin
Server admin
Blaine

Stuff : 202

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Fir3hazard wrote:
Those are false.

Aayla's sprint attack lasts longer than it seems like it does (very slightly). This "break" in the block, that always occurs at the end of the sprint attack, is actually your opponent intentionally dropping their block to attack you, believing that you're vulnerable, and unexpectedly getting hit by the very last bit of the sprint attack.

And... no. In a server without mods, Mace Windu's ground pound only makes him vulnerable. Under no circumstances is he immune to anything.

Sorry, but had to call them out. No disrespect. We don't want any misinformation spreading now, do we?
Back to top Go down
Sony
Sony

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know   Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting facts about SWBF2 you probably didn't know

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Enter the Abyss :: Spam Forum -
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com