The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The~Chronic

Stuff : 9

How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Vide
PostSubject: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Spartan117 here...

Alright put your disk in and make sure there's no patch saved on your memory card.

Load up to the DNAS screen, take out the disk, and press OK.

Accept the Patch, and let the timer go to 300.

Put in the disk, and accept the patch.

Restart the console with no disk in it, and delete the Patch from the memory card.

Put the disk in and load it.

Go back to the DNAS screen, take out the disk, and press OK.

Accept the Patch, and let the timer go to 50 seconds.

Put in the disk, and take out the memory card.

You will get an Error message.

Put in the memory card. Load up to the Patch, and deny the patch.

Load up to the Patch again, and deny it again.

This time, load up to the Patch and Accept it.

It should completely skip to the Gamespy ID login screen.

*****I don't know if you have to repeat this every time...
Back to top Go down
{JOG}Legacy

Stuff : 17

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Well Spartan and I found a way around this thing, I havn't done it succesfully yet. I hope it works and im pretty sure your gonna have to redo this process each time. GL.
Back to top Go down
.:DBL-TRBL:.

Stuff : 43

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:29 pm

it stops at 32
Back to top Go down
Infamous
Infamous

Stuff : 161

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:05 pm

I havent played this game in 2weeks.

You have 2 download a patch now to play it.?

Some one give me the 411 on the situation pleasee..
Back to top Go down
{JOG} VIKING

Stuff : 111

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Infamous wrote:
I havent played this game in 2weeks.

You have 2 download a patch now to play it.?

Some one give me the 411 on the situation pleasee..
its only for some disks.
Back to top Go down
The~Chronic

Stuff : 9

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:23 am

No it doesn't stop @ 32.

The "Patch" is only for the regular disks. If you have the Greatest Hits version you should be fine. The Patch will not let you play online and it's pretty much a barrier...
Back to top Go down
{JOG}Legacy

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:15 am

Yeah C*T I've found out that only swbf2 original disks from the first batch have this problem. All greatest hits and original copies from after 2006 should work. Anyways before gamespy login comes up itll say u gotta dl this patch to play swbf2 online itll dl it for u. I also found out how to get around the patch two ways now, the one above or you can just continously deny the patch 15-20 times in a row. Gamespy ID login pops up then select enter w/o loggin in. Then select create, not join because no servers will be in the server list. Once u start ur own server itll say host authentications failed or somethin like that. Then u get loaded into a single player mode of the maps u slected for ur server. Go back to internet and the gamespy will automatically be there, enter w/o loggin in create ur server and a 4 man will launch. Others can then join but you can't get to the regular servers like the abyss gor room etc.

We will look for other ways around the patch! or when this patch bs goes away, we'll let ya know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:48 am

Smile
Back to top Go down
Neji

Stuff : 61

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:52 pm

I have a copy of the October 2005 version, and greatest hits. Get at me? Cool
Back to top Go down
Hero
Hero

Stuff : 87

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:23 pm

I can just trade games with my neighbor lol. he has greatest hits, i have original copy after 06.

the only problem im having is being taken to homescreen when im using gamespy id after 10-15 minutes when im playing
Back to top Go down
http://www.Nationofjog.com
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

Stuff : 2000000642

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:37 pm

your better off just getting the greatest hits disk
Back to top Go down
Volt
Server admin
Server admin
Volt

Stuff : 88

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:41 pm

mine is a regular disc, and i didnt have to download a patch... could it becuase my friend had a regualar disc and wanted me to trade him because it wouldnt work on his ps2, but my greatest hits version did. So i took home the regualar and it worked fine. I am using the same memory card and stuff so i might have some memory from the greatest hits version. The only thing i have been having problems with is gamespy connection lost...
Back to top Go down
{JOG}Legacy

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:54 am

I have finally done this successfuly, the only thing is its the same result for me as when i just deny patch 15-20 times. So Spartan ur either lying or lucky as heck knows how. Ur Lucky or a LIAR!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:03 pm

haha
Back to top Go down
xXDenialXx
xXDenialXx

Stuff : 674

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:05 pm

so ur saying that if i ever want to play BF2 again, ima have to download a fucking patch? well isn't that just lovely, i've been wanting to get back on for a long time now but with this problem i can't.. i had to get the normal disk...
Back to top Go down
Infamous
Infamous

Stuff : 161

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:13 pm

I have the original disc N I playeD 2Dayz ago without a problem. Didnt tolD me 2DownloaD anythinG.
The only problem Ive haD so far is that after 20 or so minutes of playinG igett loggeD out.. it tells me that gamespy id lost..
AnyboDy know y.?
Back to top Go down
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan

Stuff : 474

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:52 pm

Just play without gamespy.

Besides, It seems to be functioning normally again now.
Back to top Go down
Fearless
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 80

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Ok, I don't know if my problem is the same as everone else's but here is what is happening to me. It brings me up to this page tha says download this patch and w/e. I do it says its finalized then i go back and it asks me to do it again and the process just keeps repeating. I have the greatest hits game btw if that matters. Let me know if you guys figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Infamous wrote:
I have the original disc N I playeD 2Dayz ago without a problem. Didnt tolD me 2DownloaD anythinG.
The only problem Ive haD so far is that after 20 or so minutes of playinG igett loggeD out.. it tells me that gamespy id lost..
AnyboDy know y.?

CT: Thats basiclly what's happening to those people who dont need to download patch who have original disk. It happens to me also. I just play without my gamespy id. I say the chances of these stuff are more permanent then temperary. Its been happening for a while now.

Fearless: im not sure. legacy has original disk and the same thing happens to him. he says all he does is accept patch repeatedly until hes able to play. However, he cant join servers, only host a ps2 server.

Back to top Go down
{JOG}Legacy

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 pm

I had my buddy Eye's elp me with this and we found out the patch is this link, http://finder.cox.net/main?InterceptSource=0&ClientLocation=us&ParticipantID=96e687opkbv4scrood8k84drs6gw5duf&FailureMode=1&SearchQuery=&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Flucasarts.gamespy.com%2F&AddInType=4&Version=2.1.8-1.67base&Referer=&Implementation=0

That is the "patch" we keep dl'ing. Anyways there is a patch its just the lucasarts/gamespy host site that has it is down. All those that dont have the message are experiencing problems with online play because the gamespy servers got updated and the patch people have now isnt exactly compatible with these new servers. Will there be a fix? Only if that lucasarts.gamespy.com site gets back online so we can dl the patch.

BTW those that get the message will eventually be better off then those that don't, eventually we (message guys) will be able to get the patch, you guys may or may not be able to play when this site comes back online. Ironic how u get to play while we cant for more or less a week to two weeks, eventually we (patch message guys) may be playing for a while without you guys! Enjoy it while you can play it non patch message people!
Back to top Go down
{JOG} VIKING

Stuff : 111

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:54 pm

LOL. it is ironic legacy. but the only thing we (ppls who play now) can do, is dont log on game spy. then we play normally. no logging us out either every 20 minutes. =] bet u didnt see that coming did ya.
Back to top Go down
Devil_Wing
Server admin
Server admin

Stuff : 1000000697

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Gamespy works just fine for me.. And remember my "patch topic" awhile back? Maybe i was special and got an epic patch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:18 pm

gamespy should be working now.

i just played with my gamespy for the past hour and had no problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks   How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to bypass the new "Patch" for the normal SWBF2 disks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Enter the Abyss :: Spam Forum -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com