Hi People

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by TekaPhoenix on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:11 pm

My thinking was just that if there is a trick to it, then it can't really be considered a 1-hit kill. It's "possible" but it doesn't always work, so her aerial attack isn't necessarily a 1-hit kill, but there is a way to make it one.
avatar
TekaPhoenix
Server admin
Server admin

Posts : 25
Stuff : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-14
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by {JOG} VIKING on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:07 pm

It always works if you know how to do it. It's not 50/50 or anything like that, it's when you tap the button to ariel. It's all about you, not luck.

{JOG} VIKING
Member
Member

Posts : 118
Stuff : 111
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Alex Ace on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:06 pm

its the same as lukes. you have to push r1 at the right time so he does a complete flip ande hits the opponent
avatar
Alex Ace
Member
Member

Posts : 680
Stuff : 2000000641
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-04-19
Age : 23
Location : ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by BlitzKrieg on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:47 pm

lol I see you're practicing with Obi-wan
avatar
BlitzKrieg
Member
Member

Posts : 93
Stuff : 97
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by TekaPhoenix on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Yep, and I have a lot of fun playing as him now.

I also played with Luke for a while, but I don't like him. My experience has told me that he is an extremely cheap character. Ryuu Zaki has always been better than me, but I got so frustrated with him and his girl double-teaming me all the time I decided to switch over to Luke for a while to see if I could put a stop to it. Well once I started playing as him, I was owning them both pretty easily. There shouldn't be such a drastic change just by switching characters.
avatar
TekaPhoenix
Server admin
Server admin

Posts : 25
Stuff : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-14
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to teka...

Post by ~*Rome*~ on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Aayla is the cheapest hero to use, especially if you pull with her. Luke does not have a one hit kill sprint or such a devastating main combo like Aayla.
avatar
~*Rome*~
Server admin
Server admin

Posts : 319
Stuff : 307
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by TekaPhoenix on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Pull isn't any worse than push, and I would say that it's even less cheap. If you get pushed, you're pretty much done. If not, then they can just push you again before you have the chance to do anything. And they can keep pushing you as many times as they want, especially if they get you up against a wall. If they pull, then at least you have the chance to get away or attack and kill them first. If they double pull, well then that's no more crippling than double pushing, so oh well. With pull, you actually have to aim, and it only targets a single opponent, whereas one push sends everyone in front of you flying. From then, it's a simple matter of walking up to your target of choice and hacking away. As someone who used to play Ayla a lot (in the past), in my experience, she is a much more effective character in the Abyss where her pull has been modded to push. It's much easier to get a kill that way than with pull because of all the hastle you have to go through to use pull effectively. Push is quick and easy. You can be sloppy with it and still win.

And Luke's main combo IS even more devastating than anything that Ayla has. It's a 1-hit kill, and it goes right through a block. Plus, the arc is so huge, not to mention the giant step that he can take during it, that it can take out many opponent with one hit.
avatar
TekaPhoenix
Server admin
Server admin

Posts : 25
Stuff : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-14
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to teka...

Post by ~*Rome*~ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 pm

well, opinions I guess, I won't argue with you.
avatar
~*Rome*~
Server admin
Server admin

Posts : 319
Stuff : 307
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Berserk on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:42 pm

any characters combo can go through a block if they dont have a perfect block... push isnt more cheap than pull, u just have to know how to fight pushers. Lastly luke isnt cheaper than other characters... just think bout it

Luke-his sprint attack can be easily countered, and u have to time is 1hit aerial

Obi-his sprint attack blocks pushes and is pretty deadly when used right, and u have to time his 1 hit aerial

Mace-his sprint attack sucks but it can still be put to good use, and u dont have to time is 1hit aerial just hit him straight on his head

just explained tha 3 characters tht i think are used often in abyss(my opinion)

Berserk
Member
Member

Posts : 124
Stuff : 126
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by TekaPhoenix on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 pm

What is the timing on Obi-Wan's sprint attack? I just use it to break blocks when they don't do anything else, but it never seems to do much damage.
avatar
TekaPhoenix
Server admin
Server admin

Posts : 25
Stuff : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-14
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Sinister on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:26 pm

TekaPheonix it is safe to say you don't know what you are talking about.

Aayla is the cheapest character in the game. The next cheapest is Anakin. Why? Because these are the easiest characters to be good with. Pull is more cheap than push because it has an extreme amount of range. Regardless of the fact push effects numerous people, pull's range makes it much cheaper. And I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "at least you can get out of a pull". Any half smart puller, even the noobs, will double pull and there is no getting out of that. At least with a double push you can get out of it if you spam x and your opponent is a bit slow.

Play a Maul and then go play an Aayla (non-modded). Tell me who was easier to use.

PS - Aayla's combo is just as bad as Luke's, except she can't jump/push/saberthrow right after it finishes.

_____________________________________________

avatar
Sinister
Member
Member

Posts : 569
Stuff : 634
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by TekaPhoenix on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Wow. I don't think it's necessary to say I have no idea what I'm talking about. That's fine if you disagree with me, but nothing I said was inaccurate, even if you disagree with my conclusion. I never claimed to be an expert. That's why I'm asking questions. Obviously, I have things to learn about the game. I guess you were a master as soon as you picked it up though, and you don't know what that's like.

I never actually said that Luke is a cheaper character than Ayla in the first place, as I'm not really sure what I think about that yet. I said that he IS extremely cheap, which I think is true. I do know that I've been killed a lot more by people using Luke and pushing me around than by people who pull with Ayla. Even when they double pull, I am occasionally able to break out of it and get the kill instead.

Anyways, I have played a lot as Darth Maul and as Ayla and I find Maul a little bit easier to use. It's just a difference of style, I suppose.

Edit:
Berserk wrote:push isnt more cheap than pull, u just have to know how to fight pushers. Lastly luke isnt cheaper than other characters... just think bout it

Luke-his sprint attack can be easily countered, and u have to time is 1hit aerial

Obi-his sprint attack blocks pushes and is pretty deadly when used right, and u have to time his 1 hit aerial

Mace-his sprint attack sucks but it can still be put to good use, and u dont have to time is 1hit aerial just hit him straight on his head

just explained tha 3 characters tht i think are used often in abyss(my opinion)

I'm sorry I forgot about this earlier, but could you explain these points, please? What do you mean exactly by "how to fight pushers"? I think I have an idea of what you need to do, but it doesn't help because they almost always go around behind you or wait until you go to attack someone else to push anyway. I think that Mace is probably the most difficult to be good with because you have to aim his arial attack so precisely. Otherwise, it's worthless. Other than that, people keep saying "timing" but nothing specific. What exactly is the timing for these moves?
avatar
TekaPhoenix
Server admin
Server admin

Posts : 25
Stuff : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-14
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Sinister on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Your posts don't have to be so verbose...

The fact you said you feel like Maul is easier to play than Aayla proves to me you really don't know what you are talking about. I've played this game over three years and not to be a dick, I think I know what the hell I'm talking about. No I was not a master when I initially played the game, however I had the common sense to realize push is the least cheap force ability out of push, choke and pull. If you think otherwise I suggest you get familiar with the R2 button...

The timing to the one-hit aerials can't be explained in text, or even over voice chat. It's something you have to learn yourself through trial and error. Also, Mace's aerial isn't worthless if it isn't a direct impact. It's good for killing people with low health who don't wanna die.

_____________________________________________

avatar
Sinister
Member
Member

Posts : 569
Stuff : 634
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Spartan117. on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:32 pm

TekaPhoenix wrote:
-Enigma- wrote:lol Manny the Panzy.. and TekaPhoenix, try using some other character besides Aayla, and don't teamkill or killsteal so much

Why should I have to play as a different character? Almost everyone else plays as Luke Skywalker all the time with his cheap, one-hit-kill, unblockable attack. I think it's more fun to give my opponent a sporting chance. That way, even if they beat me, I'm still having fun. Speaking of which, when I teamkill, it's because I'm going after someone and then another guy on my team decides to jump in and try to attack at that moment. Not really anything I can do about that. I try not to steal kills either, but if an enemy pops up right in front of me, it's a reaction to try to take them out before they can do the same to me. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Besides that, a lot of people seem to think just because they look at an enemy, it's "their" kill and anyone who gets to that person first stole it. That's not right. There have been plenty of times where I'm chasing someone all over the map, then someone else on my team joins in. Then when I make the kill, the guy on my team kills me, presumably because I "stole" the kill. So not everything you perceive is the truth. I have never, EVER intentionally stolen a kill before.

This guy knows what the fuck he's talking about. You should all learn from him. I agree 100% with everything you just said Tekaphoenix. Holy shit. Good job dude. Good job.

Im serious too, Im not being sarcastic.

And Sinister. Haha wow if this is how your talking to someone who just came to fucking introduce himself. If you want to argue about swbf2 characters, "you should get familiar" with the arguement forum. As far as I've read, everything Tekaphoenix has said about the characters is true. And finally someone realizes the similarity between pull/push. And Sinister, if Anakin is as cheap as you say, I guess your a cheap player sometimes, aren't you. Don't deny it either, I and plenty others have seen you with Anakin.

Anyways before I get flamed by Sinister and probably banned because that's how the admins of this place are, welcome tekaphoenix.

Spartan117.
Member
Member

Posts : 18
Stuff : 27
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2010-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by {GOR}Master~Tyrlan on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Might as well comment...

Aayla... I like using the pushing Aayla sometimes. And there is an opening in the combo where you can jump quicker than any other part of the combo... it's just not at the end.

Pulling... any semi-intelligent player using a puller who is allowed to use it to any extent will have the entire villain team hunting them down and pissed. Why? It's harder to fight than a pusher. Period. In a one on one situation... maybe... maybe not. But when the puller just pulls you from your kill all the time, that's pretty cheap and frustrating. What makes the character even worse with pull is when there are MULTIPLE pullers. Then they all just pull you from your kills and yank you around the map like a useless tool. There isn't any arguing about that... (I'm talking about all pullers obviously not just aayla... I actually find Ki-adi a better choice for double pulling mayhem any day...

Anyways... to comment on a few other things...

TekaPhoenix wrote:Ayla's aerial attack is not a 1-hit kill either. I've tried many times...

It was already mentioned that this is obviously capable of being a 1 hitter... so I'll just say that you can easily ALWAYS(except when they have damage reduction)1 hit aerial with any Jedi character other than Vader, Yoda, dooku, and the emperor. As was said... it's all about timing, and it's easy to be consistent with the timing if you know how to do it.

DaNoob13 wrote:I must have something wrong because I can never choke a sprinting obi. Course I am a noob but ehh.

Lol you must be late on your choke or something.

<KOV>Rome~ wrote:Luke does not have a one hit kill sprint or such a devastating main combo like Aayla.

Luke DOES have a one hit kill sprint. It's called the last swing. Smile

There is a lot more... "Depth" into the abilities of each character, that many of you probably don't know much about... (i.e. the newer ones), but i don't feel like elaborating. So keep exploring, there is much for you to learn. Wink

EDIT: Regarding the post above mine:

The only reason i take a kill-steal seriously is if I'm already swinging at the enemy and i get pushed off of him or her and either get killed because of my teammate's stupidity or simply lose the kill i was clearly attacking. If i haven't quite started to approach the kill yet and someone runs it down and takes it i really don't care... as long as they don't get me killed with stupid pushes or something of the like. I will boot your ass if you tk me and take the kill i was already attacking, and you were nowhere near the kill before. I watch what I'm doing thank you, and if i see that i have accidentally disrupted your kill i will do my best to make amends for it where possible. I hate it when people use that excuse on me when they weren't even near the damn guy. So in that sense... i also agree. Just because you see the kill doesn't mean it's yours. Fortunately it's normally just 13 years and below children who do that.

I would have to agree that his post did come out a bit harsh before, hence the reaction from teka. But seriously... you trying to provoke him isn't going to many anything better. The only reason you'd be banned is for the way you typed out your message. Don't set an example of what your criticizing.
avatar
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan
Member
Member

Posts : 550
Stuff : 474
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 24
Location : Canada!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to Tyrlan...

Post by ~*Rome*~ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:06 pm

What I meant is that Aayla has a brainlessly easy 1 hit kill whi'll lukes takes some time to learn.
avatar
~*Rome*~
Server admin
Server admin

Posts : 319
Stuff : 307
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2009-05-02
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Sinister on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Spartan117. wrote:This guy knows what the fuck he's talking about. You should all learn from him. I agree 100% with everything you just said Tekaphoenix. Holy shit. Good job dude. Good job.

Im serious too, Im not being sarcastic.

And Sinister. Haha wow if this is how your talking to someone who just came to fucking introduce himself. If you want to argue about swbf2 characters, "you should get familiar" with the arguement forum. As far as I've read, everything Tekaphoenix has said about the characters is true. And finally someone realizes the similarity between pull/push. And Sinister, if Anakin is as cheap as you say, I guess your a cheap player sometimes, aren't you. Don't deny it either, I and plenty others have seen you with Anakin.

Anyways before I get flamed by Sinister and probably banned because that's how the admins of this place are, welcome tekaphoenix.

Uh huh... he assumed things, I corrected him. He continued to assume, I said he didn't know what he was talking about. This is no more an argument than you are a cool guy. If you don't understand that, let me give it to you straight... you're a dbag. Where did I say that I don't use Anakin or that I don't use cheap characters? Do you care to point me to the post where I declare that? Am I cheap player sometimes? Yes, but so is everyone else.

Before you get flamed and banned cause that's how the admins are? Are you that conceited? You think you can blatantly flame an admin and walk away scotch-free? Doesn't work that way pal... have a nice ban.

_____________________________________________

avatar
Sinister
Member
Member

Posts : 569
Stuff : 634
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by {GOR}Master~Tyrlan on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Well that sums that up nicely.
avatar
{GOR}Master~Tyrlan
Member
Member

Posts : 550
Stuff : 474
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 24
Location : Canada!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by DaNoob13 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:20 pm

for sparta



also you fail heres another

avatar
DaNoob13
Member
Member

Posts : 160
Stuff : 199
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2009-09-01
Location : Noob Army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by BlitzKrieg on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Pull and choke have the same level of cheapness, you can't get out nof both of them. The only difference is you can't call the people who abuse choke noobs.
avatar
BlitzKrieg
Member
Member

Posts : 93
Stuff : 97
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by BlitzKrieg on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Also let me ask you a question; how easy is it to kill a target that is standing perfectly still? EASY. Plus, chokewhores can float and choke(vader,emp).
avatar
BlitzKrieg
Member
Member

Posts : 93
Stuff : 97
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by BlitzKrieg on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:57 pm

ALSO, vaders can sprint fast as hell and emps have that lightning aerial that subtracts half your life. I don't think characters with force pull have all those little pluses xD. I'm also writing this as I'm fighting 12 chokewhores lol
avatar
BlitzKrieg
Member
Member

Posts : 93
Stuff : 97
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Berserk on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:29 pm

if u cant fight multiple chokers... than im sorry u fail

Berserk
Member
Member

Posts : 124
Stuff : 126
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Infamous on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Berserk wrote:if u cant fight multiple chokers... than im sorry u fail

None of yall bitches cant.
avatar
Infamous
Member
Member

Posts : 153
Stuff : 161
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Hero on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Damn niggers


Last edited by Eruption on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Hero
Member
Member

Posts : 88
Stuff : 87
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2010-04-02
Age : 21
Location : JOG

View user profile http://www.Nationofjog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi People

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum