The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

Brain storming.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

Stuff : 1000001260

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Alright, so Jeff has been coming up with ideas to help better the community, I like that initiative. So here is a topic to brainstorm other ideas as well.

1. A council with members from every clan. Though you can't just make a clan to be on the council. It would have to be a strong thriving clan thats been able to stay alive for maybe 3, 4 weeks or so, and then have me and Sinister as "head of state" as Jeff would say. That is Jeff's first idea that we like.(Note his idea didn't include Sinister be up there with me but as far as things go for now Sinister is pretty much an adviser for me I guess you could say. For now where I go he goes.)

Any other good ideas?

(We'll probably do this for about a week or two before we decide.)
Back to top Go down
https://abyssserver.forumotion.com
Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:59 pm

any and all ideas, proposals, etc... post them here

all are welcome
Back to top Go down
YounesTheDrunk
Second in command
YounesTheDrunk

Stuff : 185

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:30 pm

would the members of the council be decided by that individual clan or by you guys because i believe it should be you guys who gets to pick who should be on the council from the different clans.
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

Stuff : 1000001260

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Would be decided by them.
Back to top Go down
https://abyssserver.forumotion.com

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Hmm. Mod-wise; I feel the Map extensions should be removed because no one uses it anymore, and those that do, run like pussies to camp out there all the entire map which just wastes room for other players that want to join.

I dont have much right now but when it comes to my head, ill add it on here
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

Stuff : 2000000642

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:24 pm

for clan advisers. it should be the clan leader and a trusted member.

extention mod needs to go

bring back game days/ mixed battles those were fun
Back to top Go down
JOGJeff

Stuff : 45

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:52 pm

1.) Council idea. . . I think the fact that the abyss does have many admins from many clans on this site, is not far fetched to go to this sort of thing as an ultimate rulling body. I think one would have to get the more established clans involved with it, and really should consist of one member from these clans. I still like the idea of Mephiles as overall head, who makes the final decision here, with all other members having one vote. In the end Mephiles would have to ok anyone who would sit on the council cause this is his site. So I would say that clans vote on their canidate, then mephiles decides if he is comfortable with it. I would say don't have a double head on the council, because if there is a problem that occurs between you two then you will have a civil war and the abyss ends quick. I know you two ( sinister and mephiles are pretty close) but it wasn't too long ago that you guys were not at all happy with one another. If that happened again, its the abyss that suffers.

I think the council would be a place in which you make sure your admins are upholding the server, come up with ideas that are different and hold all others accountable for their actions on the server and site. Also its a place where you would chose your admins, and done so carefully. You would want to stay away from admins that are quick to anger, hold major grudges, keeps a blind eye to all things around them. Etc.

2.) The Rules List, I think needs to be updated. As I stated earlier in a different post, its too ambivalent, and you may be booted area needs to be wiped. . . its either you will be booted for this, or you will not be booted for this. Case close. You would want to keep it simple, direct and easy to follow. Then when an admin gets to be an admin on the server that they know what the rules are so they can enforce them.

I would also say that on the admin part would be no taunting over the admin or complaining. It cheapens the creditbility of the abyss admins when its done. If someone is playing wrong, then boot them. If they are not, suck it up and play.

3.) Mods. . . personally I like the mods, others and it seems more here don't . . . so I won't push that. However I would say that perhaps have different nights of different events, different mods, different maps. The council could come up with it. . . but the idea would be to keep it fresh.

4.) Take out the no attack in the cantina rule. The idea is good, it keeps away spawn campers, but its frustarting when all of a sudden the entire villians team is in there the just chillin. Which forces players to go in there to get them out or to kill them, which gets them booted. This happens alot.

hope that helps. . .
Back to top Go down
{NSJ}*Lov3*
{NSJ}*Lov3*

Stuff : 58

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Also Not being able to go in Cantina I see your reasonging on it but some just sit in there which isn't really fair,exspecially if they sit there the whole map lol
Back to top Go down
IKilledYou
IKilledYou

Stuff : 2147483638

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:13 pm

JOGJeff wrote:
1.) 4.) Take out the no attack in the cantina rule. The idea is good, it keeps away spawn campers, but its frustarting when all of a sudden the entire villians team is in there the just chillin. Which forces players to go in there to get them out or to kill them, which gets them booted. This happens alot.

even when i was still playing this would happen a lot, great idea.

For admins. What about those people who are really good and i mean really good but are not in a clan? Would they be aloud to get admin or would they have to go join a clan to get admin? Cause i think they would have to be in a clan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.planetrenders.net
JOGJeff

Stuff : 45

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm

admins can and should come from every where. . . when it comes to the council, there should only be 1 from each established clan. . . perhaps even 1 or 2 from the freelance department.
Back to top Go down
Infamous
Infamous

Stuff : 161

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Lock the server on certain nights. To allow eperienced skill players to play only. Remove the map extensions.

Dont boot or ban someone who taunts an admin because he was taunted first. Suck it up.
Play like a bitch get treated like one.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:10 pm

We are watching and listening... keep the feedback coming, we welcome it.
Back to top Go down
{JOG}Mastaisac
{JOG}Mastaisac

Stuff : 41

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Jeff has definately got the right idea here.

1) The "Abyss Council" would most certainly benefit all members of the SWBF2 community. Have one from JOG, GOR, SIN, Freelancers, vVv, etc. There should be one representitive per clan for the "abyss council". Each clan should vote their representative. Mephilles should have the final say on if he's ok with the admin or not being that he owns the abyss.

2) More events - How about a no force night? What about incorporating some pullers? How about some luke wars? Try to spice it up a bit more. It's kind of been bland the last few months

3) Locked Servers - Now, I'm not saying to do this all the time, but maybe once or twice a week the Abyss should lock the server and give passes out to those on the site. I know that many clans have done this in the past before. This allowed for much more skilled players to enter the game and make the gameplay more challenging (plus you'll probably get more visitors to the site if this was announced on the server).

That's all I got for right now.

P.S. Need more admins monitoring the server. Should be at least one admin on at all times.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:13 pm

The problem with having an admin on at all times is... as it is we can't always have one on all the time. Not to mention the fact there are so few 'admin-material' people out there. Those two together makes matters difficult. But... I can say we are definitely looking into gaining a few more solid admins to help things go more smoothly.
Back to top Go down
{JOG}Mastaisac
{JOG}Mastaisac

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Yeah, I know it's hard to have admins on 24/7. I think it would be more reasonable then to aquire more "solid" admins. Still though, I think more admin keys should be given out (to trustworthy/mature players who know how to work a server properly). This would definately heighten the chances of banning troublemakers and making the Abyss as trouble-free as possible. As I said though, admin keys shouldn't be given out to just anyone. The "Abyss Council" would need to agree on admin responsibilities.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:51 pm

{JOG}Mastaisac wrote:
Jeff has definately got the right idea here.

1) The "Abyss Council" would most certainly benefit all members of the SWBF2 community. Have one from JOG, GOR, SIN, Freelancers, vVv, etc. There should be one representitive per clan for the "abyss council". Each clan should vote their representative. Mephilles should have the final say on if he's ok with the admin or not being that he owns the abyss.

2) More events - How about a no force night? What about incorporating some pullers? How about some luke wars? Try to spice it up a bit more. It's kind of been bland the last few months

3) Locked Servers - Now, I'm not saying to do this all the time, but maybe once or twice a week the Abyss should lock the server and give passes out to those on the site. I know that many clans have done this in the past before. This allowed for much more skilled players to enter the game and make the gameplay more challenging (plus you'll probably get more visitors to the site if this was announced on the server).

That's all I got for right now.

P.S. Need more admins monitoring the server. Should be at least one admin on at all times.

i would like to see more events such as luke wars, grevious tag, no force, exc

and sinister, please unlock my topic. it wasnt meant for me to assume admin, just to get an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:55 pm

{JOG}Mastaisac wrote:
Yeah, I know it's hard to have admins on 24/7. I think it would be more reasonable then to aquire more "solid" admins. Still though, I think more admin keys should be given out (to trustworthy/mature players who know how to work a server properly). This would definately heighten the chances of banning troublemakers and making the Abyss as trouble-free as possible. As I said though, admin keys shouldn't be given out to just anyone. The "Abyss Council" would need to agree on admin responsibilities.

Well before the abyss council can agree upon anything, it first has to be created and for it to be created... it has to be approved lol.

Alex your topic is staying locked... there is no need for it I'm sorry

Keep the posts coming guys
Back to top Go down
{JOG}Mastaisac
{JOG}Mastaisac

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Sinister wrote:
{JOG}Mastaisac wrote:

Well before the abyss council can agree upon anything, it first has to be created and for it to be created... it has to be approved lol.

Alex your topic is staying locked... there is no need for it I'm sorry

Keep the posts coming guys

No duh, lol. Laughing
Back to top Go down
{JoG}.:r@bb!t:.
{JoG}.:r@bb!t:.

Stuff : 183

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:27 pm

hmmm, well I'm fine with everything being said. But with alot of admins there's gonna be a lot of admin abuse =/ but w.e if theres an admin thats abusing the power he'll be rid of by Meph I guess.

and I like the idea of bringing the game back to life a little by having luke wars, maul wars, tag, etc. and locking the server maybe once a week for us to play without noobs
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/akatsuki2021
Spider-Man
Server admin
Server admin
Spider-Man

Stuff : 257

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Sinister can always be the vVv council representative.

Mods- No jet packs stay, faster health regen stay, invincible health droids stay, no pull stay. All other mods should go, I saw that you got rid of the extended map, so thats good.

Ideas - I like the council idea, the certain rules idea, and the locked servers idea - maybe every friday it could be locked or something and depending on how people feel we could play a game or we could just fight regular.

And sinister, there is a lot of "admin material" out there, your just looking in the wrong places.

I think right now, we should motion to start this council right away and get the admins knowing the correct rules, to properly serve this community right.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:37 pm

ok as for the council, what would its purpose be?
Back to top Go down
{JOG}Legacy

Stuff : 17

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:13 pm

mods-Thank you so much for getting rid of the extended maps mod. I hated how everyone abused it. No mod ideas, thats amazing right there considering I mod too. Guys it would be way to hard to come up with new mods every week and put em in Abyss and then take em out... maybe Meph can handle that but thats not a really good idea.

Ideas-The council idea will truly help the community and I believe it should be created ASAP. Mixed battles was how I got my exp, look at me now and i'm nothing like I was. I would love to have Abyss noob free on occasion aswell.

Thats my input for now, anything else comes to mind I will let you know.
Back to top Go down

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Yea, The Abyss should be locked for us to play in a few times a week. There should always be a noob-free day in the abyss every once in a while..
Back to top Go down
{GOR.666}Dagen
{GOR.666}Dagen

Stuff : 73

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:37 pm

So it seems that people are getting ahead of themselves...First order of business I guess would be to form a council. Looks like theres a lot of backing for it. Second would seem to be admins...as I said before there would have to be plenty of testing of said admins to ensure that they are being fair. Third would be mods and next would be locked server. So I propose that Meph or Sinister contact clan leaders to get the council thing rolling. It would be up to these people to contact their respective clan members to find out what they want and place their vote on any issues once established. I'm actually impressed and have confidence that this will work to make the game better for everyone. In addition to the clan leaders being on the council I also propose that there be a back up person named in case the clan leaders are unable or just don't want to attend the meetings. Again this person would be the voice of the entire clan they represent. Sound good?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dagengage
Sinister
Sinister

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Dagen you started off well but, continued as others have...

Let me clear this up before anyone makes any more posts. This is a brainstorming topic, here for the sole purpose for any and all players/clans to voice their concerns, ideas, etc for the Abyss to help improve it. We (Jman and I... and hopefully other admins) read each and every post and talk about it on a daily basis...

However, just because an idea or proposal is good, it does not mean we will adopt it. It seems to me a lot of you are posting under the false assumption your ideas have an exceedingly great chance at being brought to reality... when in truth that is not the case. I just don't want any of you getting your hopes up.

Probably within the next few days we will post everything we got so far, the new policies, rules... all that good stuff. Stay tuned, but keep posting! We are listening...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brain storming. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Brain storming.   Brain storming. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brain storming.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Death Gate :: News & Announcements -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com