The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

The Colosseum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Phantom
Server admin
Server admin
Phantom

Stuff : 420

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:20 pm

This is a Jedi ladder site.

What its consists of

Clans go head to head in a season, the winner is the one with the most points at the end. You challenge like you would normally but on that site, when you win you get points, when you lose you lose points.

There is also 1v1's and 2v2's ladder, it is a sel-explantory. 2 people from any clan become a team and go head to head with other two man teams. Same as ladders on who wins and points. 1v1's is the same minus one guy.

Also we will have fun tournaments along the way, No force battles, Luke battles, Anakin battles, etc, etc.

Site is: http://the-colosseum.forumotion.com/

Also this is designed for challenging guys dont sit around, that just makes it less fun and the game go away that much faster. Wether you win or lose its for fun. I am not the leader Phalanx is I am just spreading it.
Back to top Go down
http://platinum-graphics.com
Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:45 am

A jedi ladder site - which has been attempted 3 or 4 times now with no success - managed by a conquest player on a game where actual battles are few and far between. Clans don't battle already as it is, good luck getting them to do it on a site that means nothing managed by a person with almost no reputation jedi-wise. I don't mean to be the evil harbinger of truth but that's just what I am lol. Honestly, I think this site (Abyss) would do much better if we hosted our own ladders than that site. Nevertheless, it is an effort that could potentially bring out some more life so I am not against it... however I am not for it either, not in its "current state".

The Colosseum 86150
Back to top Go down
iPhaLanX
iPhaLanX

Stuff : 27

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Yes many attempts for a site like this have happened already, but what i have noticed in all those attempts is there was no drive form either the clans or the admins so in the end the site was forced to deletion.

Honestly what is the point of running or being in a clan if there is no battles going on? Your basically sitting there in a server playing with no one but your clan mates, it gets boring and as Sinister said "it is an effort that could potentially bring out some more life." So why not support the site? See how we do the first month and choose to leave it when it is failing, i won't mind. This is after all an attempt to see if clans still enjoy battling for something more than their records.

Sinister i may be a conquest player but i have been an admin on the BFC, as you know, and i did my job well there and i plan to on this site with the help of some other admins, which is why i asked Splint to post this topic. I want some mature, responsible, and trustworthy jedi players to apply for an admin spot, and Sinister i don't know why you wouldn't want that position, you are in fact a CL of a clan and I'm sure you want to see your clan competing in a ladder rather than making your record look pretty.

PS: http://the-colosseum.tk/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/grkscarface1
Sinister
Sinister

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Not everyone wants to be in a clan just to battle. There are other reasons to be in clans than to just do matches. If we got bored of playing in our paid for servers with our clan-mates then I think by now there would be no clans remaining... I don't support the site, however I do support the idea.

"See how we do in the first month and choose to leave when its failing" - So what? You are admitting that it won't work...? I thought you said the previous attempts lacked drive... What do you call this quote?

I'll tell you why I don't want an admin spot or for my clan to sign up... You. I don't like that a conquest player is managing a jedi ladder site when said player has very little to no experience with jedi. Honestly if you were gone then I would sign up in an instant... That is where my problem lies.
Back to top Go down
iPhaLanX
iPhaLanX

Stuff : 27

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Yeah i understood that from the moment i read your first post that you didn't like the idea of someone like me running that site.

I'm not the only admin btw, and i have been playing jedi for about a year and a half so i don't know where you got this little to no experience.

Finally, yes if this site doesnt succeed why would i sit on a site where no one comes to? It's an obvious answer and probably everyone would do the same thing. Also when i say failing i mean like only one to two people visit the site and they dont even use the forums.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/grkscarface1

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:18 am

clans dont battle anymore because most players arent active enough or they dont care to make times for little matches that are now meaningless when you can just go in a server and play with your friends. Now that being the more preferred way of gameplay do you now realize why all the other sites failed? lol and ya your a conquest player and I never heard of you before. Sinister is right also that if we chose to have battles then you could easily request it to be done here like it has been for "Mixed Battles" and "Mandalorian War".
Back to top Go down
{JOG}SnakeBite
{JOG}SnakeBite

Stuff : 288

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Sinister wrote:
Not everyone wants to be in a clan just to battle. There are other reasons to be in clans than to just do matches. If we got bored of playing in our paid for servers with our clan-mates then I think by now there would be no clans remaining... I don't support the site, however I do support the idea.

"See how we do in the first month and choose to leave when its failing" - So what? You are admitting that it won't work...? I thought you said the previous attempts lacked drive... What do you call this quote?

I'll tell you why I don't want an admin spot or for my clan to sign up... You. I don't like that a conquest player is managing a jedi ladder site when said player has very little to no experience with jedi. Honestly if you were gone then I would sign up in an instant... That is where my problem lies.

So just because hes a CQ player, your shoving him away from Jedi because of that? Do you not want to bring in more people to the Jedi servers to keep the game alive? Every day I get on, I see fewer and fewer people playing in the Jedi servers each and every day. And they arent just moving on to CQ, no, their just not playing the game anymore. . .and most likely because of that attitude.

~.0
Back to top Go down
http://NationOfJOG.com
*Bio~SToRM*

Stuff : 78

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:49 pm

No point in bashing it, let's just see how it does.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:47 pm

~JOGSnakeBite wrote:
So just because hes a CQ player, your shoving him away from Jedi because of that? Do you not want to bring in more people to the Jedi servers to keep the game alive? Every day I get on, I see fewer and fewer people playing in the Jedi servers each and every day. And they arent just moving on to CQ, no, their just not playing the game anymore. . .and most likely because of that attitude.

~.0

Snake, I been around since the Spring of '07. People have been saying this sentence (or a related variant): "Every day I get on, I see fewer and fewer people playing in the Jedi servers each and every day" since Spring of '07, probably even before that. This game is just like any other. People come and go, but there are also those that are here to stay until the end. Point is, daily player statistics has nothing to do with clans and battles. I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you've ever even been in an actual clan battle so anything you say there is void, to me at least. Players per day/week/month/whatever is not the problem. It's the players themselves. This game always follows a cycle; surges at Spring until the end of Summer/start of Autumn and then it descends until Summer comes around again. Anyway, if people want to battle then they will battle... if they don't, then they won't. That simple. Same goes for people wanting to play... people don't leave games because of one person's attitude. If that were so then most people on this game, and every other game, would be gone... lol

vVv signed up anyway, don't know why you're still on my case...

The Colosseum 86150
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Colosseum Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Colosseum   The Colosseum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Colosseum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Enter the Abyss :: Sites -
Free forum | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com