The Abyss Community

SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  The AbyssThe Abyss  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
--- The Abyss lands itself a new design to accommodate the new generation of gaming ---

Openly gay NBA player

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

Stuff : 2000000642

Openly gay NBA player Vide
PostSubject: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:33 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9226747/nba-jason-collins-says-us-ready-openly-gay-player

Center Jason Collins comes out of the closet. Hopefully he will inspire other athletes to come out. In this day and age, people should be able to respect others no matter what their preference in the bedroom. Its as bad as racism.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Server admin
Server admin
Phantom

Stuff : 420

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Not it's not, but I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
http://platinum-graphics.com
Spider-Man
Server admin
Server admin
Spider-Man

Stuff : 257

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Phantom wrote:
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated power of will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Butt Pain and 100% Reason to Remember The Name.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Server admin
Server admin
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
Phantom wrote:
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated power of will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Butt Pain and 100% Reason to Remember The Name.
Back to top Go down
Volt
Server admin
Server admin
Volt

Stuff : 88

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Openly gay NBA player 37396762
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

Stuff : 634

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:02 pm

I don't understand why people act as if "coming out of the closet" is some sort of honorable admission -- it isn't.

I loathe our sightless media.

Tim Tebow says he is Christian; everyone tells him to shut up.
Jason Collins says he is gay; everyone praises him as a hero.

These are the telling truths of our most misguided beliefs.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" - Isaiah 5:20
Back to top Go down
Blaine
Server admin
Server admin
Blaine

Stuff : 202

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Sinister wrote:
I don't understand why people act as if "coming out of the closet" is some sort of honorable admission -- it isn't.

Tim Tebow says he is Christian; everyone tells him to shut up.
Jason Collins says he is gay; everyone praises him as a hero.
Gay marriage is getting close to being legalized. It's a controversial issue. Of course he gets more attention. It makes sense for him to get more attention. The more famous people come out admitting they're gay the more support there is for the gay community, which gives them a louder voice in legislation.

Being christian is considered normal in our society. Being gay isn't (at least not by everyone).
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:57 pm

I understand that he gets more attention due to gay agendas being more controversial. In fact, I misspoke before when I said I don't understand why people act as if coming out of the closet is an honorable admission. I do understand and it is because most of this world is dead in sin.

Being Christian is not that normal.
What is normal, is people making the intellectual assent of belief in Christ.
Meanwhile, they mainly live their lives indistinguishable from the world and not distinguished for Christ.
Many people acknowledge Christ for who He is, then go on and live their lives primarily in step with their own will.
That's not being Christian; that's called being a liar.
Back to top Go down
Mimmi-da-don!
Server admin
Server admin
Mimmi-da-don!

Stuff : 32

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:22 pm

I honestly feel bad for the world.. Sin is so powerful..thats why it is so important that you

are not of this world..and just live here..

Furthermore, giving honor? and commending him? he didnt do anything special honestly.. The world is full of sin. What he did is the same as someone admitting they murdered someone.

The world is so brainwashed to see sin as a common..that we are doomed.. Hopefully Jesus will come back soon..and in the mean time People will realize that He is Lord and live their life for him
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:50 pm

being gay isn't a sin. the catholic church wants us to believe that, so they claim that being gay is a choice and a lifestyle,. ask any gay person and they'll tell you that they were born that way to be attracted to the same sex. don't be brainwashed by the church.
Back to top Go down
Blaine
Server admin
Server admin
Blaine

Stuff : 202

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:22 am

Sinister wrote:
Being Christian is not that normal.
What is normal, is people making the intellectual assent of belief in Christ.
Meanwhile, they mainly live their lives indistinguishable from the world and not distinguished for Christ.
Many people acknowledge Christ for who He is, then go on and live their lives primarily in step with their own will.
That's not being Christian; that's called being a liar.
In a way... yeah. It's more like a white lie. They grow up with Christian exposure from the culture but aren't interested in the subject, so they call themselves Christians to avoid talking about it. It's their way of taking a neutral stance on the issue.

Don't see how it's a problem though.
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:50 am

{vVv}Alex Ace wrote:
being gay isn't a sin. the catholic church wants us to believe that, so they claim that being gay is a choice and a lifestyle,. ask any gay person and they'll tell you that they were born that way to be attracted to the same sex. don't be brainwashed by the church.

1 Timothy 1:10 - The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God

Romans 1:26-28 - For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Romans 1:32 - Though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

It is most definitely a sin, Alex. I think you are exaggerating in saying that any gay person will say they are born that way, though, yes, I'm sure there are some who do. However, that doesn't make it true. You can see from Romans 1:26 above that it says "God gave them up to dishonorable passions." and that they exchanged "natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for another". A basic understanding of human anatomy shows us that a man goes with a woman and a woman with a man; not man with man and woman with woman. The good news is that the grace and mercy of God is given to us in Jesus Christ and that "For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." - Romans 10:13

For the record, I do not follow the pope or the catholic church or their doctrine.
Back to top Go down
~*Rome*~
Server admin
Server admin
~*Rome*~

Stuff : 308

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Yes, the doctrines formed by the catholic church/vatican are questionable. What substance do they have? My opinion is Christians should stick to what's in the bible, period.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Server admin
Server admin
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:04 pm

You also claim it's as bad as racism, which isn't even close.

Black people were put into slavery, abused in some cases and so on. Being gay is wrong, period. There is no right way to look at it if you actually think about it, it might be close to being allowed in this world but it is still wrong as wrong can be when it comes down to it. It shouldn't be allowed, but as the world is what this world is people allow it simply because they think they should. And in some cases because they actually believe it's right, but it's not and never has been nor will be.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Sinister wrote:
{vVv}Alex Ace wrote:

It is most definitely a sin, Alex. I think you are exaggerating in saying that any gay person will say they are born that way, though, yes, I'm sure there are some who do. However, that doesn't make it true. You can see from Romans 1:26 above that it says "God gave them up to dishonorable passions." and that they exchanged "natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for another". A basic understanding of human anatomy shows us that a man goes with a woman and a woman with a man; not man with man and woman with woman. The good news is that the grace and mercy of God is given to us in Jesus Christ and that "For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." - Romans 10:13

For the record, I do not follow the pope or the catholic church or their doctrine.

I find it hard to believe that people will consciously choose to be gay, despite the ridicule, slander, and victimization they will be subjected to. Isn't the whole reason they hide their sexuality is to avoid the oppression of people who won't accept them for who they are? I don't believe God would create people to purposely be gay if he wanted homosexuality to be sin.

I'm catholic and live most of my life as such but I know when to draw the line between blind faith and logical reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:14 pm

and I never said it was as bad as slavery. Its the same in the sense that homosexuals aren't treated the same as heterosexuals are today like blacks weren't treated the same as whites before civil rights
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Server admin
Server admin
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:18 pm

And once again, there is a actual wrongness in treating someone of a different color the way there were. It was morally wrong.

That's not the case here, it's wrong for you to want to have sex with another guy. It's wrong on so many levels it's ridiculous, how you can't see it is beyond me. And the fact you find it hard that people can choose it is also something that I don't get, people by nature are sinful. It's not that hard to choose something, and it's not hard to hide it either. So that point is pretty invalid. It is certainly a sin, which is really easy to see.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ace
Alex Ace

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:26 pm

People back in the day had the same reasoning towards blacks as you do about gays.
When you know friends who are gay and you talk to them like the aren't some freak but a regular human being, you will understand the point I'm trying to get across.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Server admin
Server admin
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:38 pm

I know a person who is gay, he is actually a good friend of mine. I still think he is wrong, but I can't change his opinion on it either. I'm still capable of talking to him however, but in the end his choice is the wrong one and it will reflect one day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:00 pm

I normally would put my Christian input here but Sinister and Rome hit it right on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Huey Freeman
Server Owner
Huey Freeman

Stuff : 1000001260

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Try not to get too heated if you guys want to keep this going. I don't need a religion fight or anything.
Back to top Go down
https://abyssserver.forumotion.com
Sony
Sony

Stuff : 47

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:34 pm

You killed it, Huey.

Anyways, I will simply respect a person for who they are, if they are a nice person, gay or not. Its all about the "Content of their character." Not about if they are willing to do dirty things to another man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:
Try not to get too heated if you guys want to keep this going. I don't need a religion fight or anything.

Back to top Go down
Mimmi-da-don!
Server admin
Server admin
Mimmi-da-don!

Stuff : 32

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Ace i think it has to do with nature vs nurture..Period Being a victim of your environment..

Things like an absent father..makes girls resent men..and hanging arund mostly females in a home..makes a man favor men..so to speak..i mean not everyone..

But i think thats what it boils down too..psychological warfare essentially..

Someone molested when they were younger tend to look to sex as a refuge..or favor the sex of they molestor..stuff like that

Back to top Go down
Sinister
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:39 pm

{vVv}Alex Ace wrote:
I find it hard to believe that people will consciously choose to be gay, despite the ridicule, slander, and victimization they will be subjected to. Isn't the whole reason they hide their sexuality is to avoid the oppression of people who won't accept them for who they are? I don't believe God would create people to purposely be gay if he wanted homosexuality to be sin.

I'm catholic and live most of my life as such but I know when to draw the line between blind faith and logical reasoning.

Do not be surprised that people would suffer for something they want, even more for something that they are misled into believing satisfies them. Imagine drug addicts, for example, many of whom which want to be free of their addiction - which brings forth all sorts of detriments - but they simply can't. Even heterosexuals will maintain very unhealthy, abusive relationships... where they are beaten physically or attacked verbally. Are you going to argue that is hard to believe as well? The fact is, it's not hard to believe at all!

We are naturally inclined to sin and to being attracted to sin; it is a part of our genetic makeup. So, it should come as no surprise, then, that those who are lost in sin don't think that they are sinning, and in fact, think they are simply "being who they are" or "following their heart". You know what the Bible - which by the way is God-breathed, so you can know for certain (at least I truly hope so) that homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of God - says about the heart of man?

The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately sick;
who can understand it? - Jeremiah 17:9

God does not create people to be purposely gay no more than He creates people to commit mass genocide, at least I don't think so.
It is not that He does or does not want homosexuality as a sin; it simply is.
God does not create sin; it is a consequence of our fallen and sinful nature.

Hope this helps clear the waters.

From what I understand, the majority of Catholicism is heretical. I would encourage you to get your truths from Scripture and take heed of God's Word lest you be indoctrinated. Sin is not something to be taken lightly; it is a very serious problem. We must make war against it and repent and bring ourselves to the feet of Jesus and crucify our flesh. To most, this is utter foolishness, but to those whom the Holy Spirit confirms it, they are blessed. Let not my speaking here be taken as though I am sinless. I'm not.

Also, my older brother is currently homosexual, so yes I do have a certain understanding of what it is like to have loved one's involved in this sin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Openly gay NBA player   Openly gay NBA player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Openly gay NBA player

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abyss Community :: Enter the Abyss :: News & Media -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com